We’re aiming to hold the first meeting in early January but members can still join after this point. If you would like to be part of the Collective please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you aged between 15 – 25 and based in/near King’s Lynn? Do you want to be part of a creative group that will play a lead role in a new public art project championing young people’s views addressing climate change and its effect on your community?
From January to May 2022, arts organisation Collusion (makers of THE INTERGALACTIC HANSEATIC LEAGUE) will be working with young people and artists in King’s Lynn to create a climate change manifesto for the town culminating in a series of artworks that communicate and champion their views.
Being a part of the Manifesto Collective will give you the opportunity to become ambassadors for change and to co-create artistic responses to support your vital messages. You will be supported to build a platform that will enable young people to come together, have a voice, share ideas, and co-create new art work and events. Your aim will be to spark a cultural change in the way that people respond to climate issues in their communities, as well as an awareness of the more global issues. You will work with artists involved in MANIFESTO including the lead artists The Neutrinos, the artists behind Klanghaus.
How often will we meet and what will happen at meetings?
The Manifesto Collective will meet weekly in person in King’s Lynn or online via Zoom, between 5:00pm – 6:00pm on weekday evenings. You do not need to come to all meetings but you do need to be able to attend regularly. Collusion and the Manifesto team will discuss plans for the projects and ask for your ideas and input with designing activities and events, including ways to involve more young people in the project – our target is to work with at least 800 young people!
What will you get out of being part of the Collective?
– Create a platform for young people to come together to have a voice.
– Produce new artworks, events and exhibitions
– Learn and develop new creative skills alongside professional artists
– Develop practical knowledge of the creative and cultural industries
– Become ambassadors of youth arts and cultural development in the King’s Lynn area
– Enhance CV and career prospects
What are the requirements to join the collective?
– Be aged between 15 – 25
– Be based in or have a connection with King’s Lynn and its surrounding areas
– Have a keen interest in the arts, creative media and pop culture
– Have an interest in climate and cultural change
– Be reliable and professional
How can I get involved?
Including in your email:
– Your name, age, and contact details
– Your connection to King’s Lynn including the name of your school/college and any school clubs or groups you’re a member of, if they feel relevant.
– A few lines of text saying why you’d be a good member of the Collective including your interest in the arts and creative activities and climate change.
Once you have emailed us, we’ll be in touch with details of the meetings!
To get involved, please email us at email@example.com